Structure of Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary’s Church Council has the responsibility of “governing and guiding” the congregation. The Church Council directs the activities of the church in accordance with its purpose, polity, doctrines, and decisions. The Church Council is responsible for the ministries, programs, properties, finances and business transactions of the church. These Church Council groups meet monthly to encourage cohevsiveness and open communicaion.
The Directors include:
- Director of Buildings and Grounds - Dave Glenn
- Director of Education-Children & Youth - Susan Edwards (Chair)
- Director of Education - Adult
- Director of Missions - Rudraksha Jhaveri (Chair) *
- Director of Worship - Kathy Wright
- Director of Communication - Wendy Wallace
- Director of Church & Family Life -
- Director of Outreach - Don DiRaddo (Chair) *
- Director of Stewardship - Ann Ray
- Treasurer - Kevin Mager *
Our Church Moderator is Fred Ray and his responsibilities include presiding over meetings and overseeing the temporal administration of the church. Our Church Clerk is Ann Coughlin and she is entrusted with all minutes and church records.
Lastly but very importantly, the Deacon Ministry is responsible (in accordance and conjunction with the Pastor) for the Ministry of Pastoral Care. Deacons are chosen to support the Pastor in the intentional care of the individual people of the church. Again, refer to the Church Bylaws for details.
Calvary’s Deacons include :
- Tom Proveaux
- Nancy Medinger (Chair) *